As an exclusively, directly, breastfed baby, Basti went from boob to baso. Not without the thrills and spills of course. He didn’t really take to those spout cups very well, maybe because he was not used to sucking on anything other than human milk containers.
When I saw this new product from Philips Avent, it made me so annoyed. Only because I was miffed that it didn’t exist at the time when Basti would have loved it the most.
This is the Philips Avent Natural Cup. Notice anything? No spouts, no teats, nothing! It’s recommended for use from 12 months onwards, that age when our babies love copying the way we do things. With the Philips Avent Natural Cup, your little person will drink from any part of the rim, just like the big people. The edge is lip-activated!! No spills! I’m totally geeking out on this.
Even though Basti is already three and totally capable of drinking from a regular glass, he’s also at that age when throwing gives him the thrill of his life. The Natural Cup is totally my best friend right now. It comes with a cover, so we bring it out with us as well. The Philips Avent Natural Cup is now available wherever Philips Avent products are sold for PhP899.75.
BUT! Get a chance to win one for your child right here! I’ve got three Philips Avent Natural Cups to give away to three readers. Please enter through Rafflecopter below.
- All entries will be recorded and drawn via Rafflecopter.
- The contest will run from May 25, 2013 to June 5, 2013. Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm of June 5, 2013. Winners will be drawn and announced within 3 days from the end of entry submission.
- The contest is open NATIONWIDE.
- Entries may be gained from “liking” the Philips Avent Philippines Facebook page, sharing this contest on social media and commenting below.
Enter the Philips Avent contest by clicking here!
Basti didn’t take to solids right away. It took a couple of months of experimenting, introducing, re-introducing and trickery (peek-a-boo + fast reflexes = mealtime) to get him to enjoy eating. He loves soups and I’ve had a grand time (snicker) figuring out recipes he would like. So far, he loves these:
- Chicken Sopas
- Fresh Mushroom and Ground Beef Consomme
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Egg Drop Soup with Shiitake and Carrot (in other words, whatever veggies I have onhand)
- Pumpkin Soup
- Cream of Brocolli Soup
- Any mixed rice dish
All moms know that along with solid feeding comes the inevitable mess and trashing of feeding equipment. I was on the lookout for a new bowl for Basti because he broke his old one. He swiped his arm across it, sending it to its demise with a flip, a tumble and crack. No tears – it was a free bowl I got for buying soy sauce. I don’t know if it was BPA-free or anything like that. #cheapmother
In perfect the-universe-provides timing, Philips Avent sent over a toddler feeding set for Basti!
Things I like:
- The lime green color. It matches my watch and our Kaboost. #sowhat
- The not-so-cutesy design
- The pieces are useable till Basti is a big kid already.
- The bottoms have a rubber coating which make the bowls stay put! Even the utensils have them!
Basti and I are both happy.
But here’s the best part. Philips Avent sent not one, but TWO sets.
And one of you guys is gonna get it!
To join the giveaway:
- Post this on my Facebook page: I want to win the Philips Avent Toddler Feeding Set for ____________. His/her favorite dish is __________. You can name your own child, a friend’s child, your nephew/niece, or anyone you think would love to have the set. Post a picture of them, if you want. (Not required, I just like seeing pics, hehe)
- Register your entry below (some browsers may require you guys to scroll down to see the whole form):
Here’s the fine print:
- You or an authorized representative must be able to pick-up the feeding set from either Gymboree Shangri-La, Greenhills or the Valle area.
- Fake accounts will be not be tolerated and I will remember and ignore future entries from you FOREVER.
- Entries will be accepted till Tuesday, September 27, 2011 (Extended from September 18!). The winner will be drawn by electronic raffle and announced on Wednesday, September 28, 2011.
You don’t need to tag your friends on the wall post. Just do so if you feel they will sincerely appreciate it. I don’t want anyone to be annoyed!
Good luck everyone! Spread the love!
Mucho thanks to Philips Avent for this giveaway!