Hello, my name is Eliza and I am a spa addict.
I love spas. As much as I love home massage services for their convenience, there’s nothing like walking into a spa and getting lost in a world of relaxation and utter pampering.
So when Michelle of My Mom Friday invited a few mommy bloggers over to try out Nuat Thai Libis, I quickly confirmed and prepared myself mentally and emotionally for the 2-hour activity. Does that seem OA to you? Well, it just so happens this was also the first instance that I left Basti with my parents. It wasn’t for any justifiable reason: a meeting, an interview, an important errand – but an afternoon that was purely just for me and me alone. I admit I was a little guilty.
So I arrived and was welcomed warmly by Janine and Jay, the franchise owners of Nuat Thai Libis.
The other mommy bloggers were already there, but no time for chit-chat because we were quickly led by our therapists to get ready for our Nuat Thai experience.
They provided a pair of very clean flipflops and we were led to a footwash to freshen up and cool down our tired feet. (I myself get a little conscious when I come in for a foot massage from outside. Sorry Manang Therapist for my gross feet! So this was a huge plus for me) I give you Neva of Manila Mommy’s feet in this picture:
Here are a few more points about Nuat Thai:
- The foot massage was amaaaaa-zing. I dozed off into a limbo-esque nap – a sure sign that the right buttons were being pushed. It’s very dark, very quiet, and the therapist’s hands were magic. One of The Best foot massages I’ve ever had in my life. (And believe me I’ve had a lot).
- You are taken into your own cubicle for your massage, with crisp sheets, an abundance of towels and a proper place to hang your clothes and stow your bag. Very skilled therapists who ask about pressure levels and your choice of oils. I also noted that the therapist was very quick to sanitize her hands when she moved to different parts of your body (feet to back, back to head, head to face).
- They have valet parking! Don’t you just hate it when you are aching to de-stress and unwind and just before you do, there’s the added anxiety of trying to find parking? Ha! 10 points to this place for providing a parking service for their clients. Parking in front of the building is quite limited so this was an extra touch I truly appreciated.
- Their pricing is SUPER. Just look at these price points:
- Nuat Thai Foot Massage (1 hour) – PhP 250.00
- Thai Body Massage (1 hour) – PhP 250.00; with oil – PhP300.00
- Swedish Massage (1 hour) – PhP 350.00
- Aromatherapy Massage with Herbal Balls (1 & 1/2 hours) – PhP550.00
- Hot Oil Massage (1 & 1/2 hours) – PhP550.00
- Thai Head, Back and Shoulder Massage (1 hour) – PhP250.00; with oil – PhP300.00
- Express (30 mins of either Foot, Back or Head Massage) – PhP150.00
- The place is very dimly lit and the staff don’t hesitate to remind clients who are just a tad too loud to keep it down. They play very relaxing music and the fountain in the background helps put you to ease.
We all emerged refreshed, rejuvenated and raring to go! They served us Serenitea (yum!) and Mom and Tina’s cupcakes (yum, yum, yum!) and we spent a bit of time chatting before we headed home.
Rone of Mothering Earthlings always makes me feel like a dog. So mamalicious!
And here is our group shot:
Martine of Dainty Mom, no-make-up-and-won’t-let-go-of-Serenitea-me, our host Michelle of My Mom Friday, Rone of Mothering Earthlings, Noemi of Touched By An Angel, Neva of Manila Mommy, Jane of The Yogini In Manila, and Tina of Our Phenomenal Life.
This was totally worth the guilt of leaving Basti for 4 hours. (Who didn’t even miss me or look for milk while I was away, hmph. Sniff.)
Thanks Nuat Thai Libis and thanks Michelle for making it happen! I’ll definitely be back with The Painter in tow. (Massage-addict too!)
Nuat Thai Libis
2/F #90 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave. QC (across Shopwise, above Allied and RCBC banks)
Tel # 477.5004
Open Daily from 12nn-2am
P.S. Next on Tales of the Spa Fiend: a Nail Spa mani/pedi adventure because I won (!!!!) Dainty Mom’s Nail Spa giveaway and a taste of Tian Di (Deal Grocer, you will be the death of me).