The hiatus from regular blogging has left my blogging mindset somewhere in year 2007. I used to be able to take out my camera on the fly, and blog about everything that peaks my interest.
Today I saw my little baby, lodged quite decisively and stubbornly in my “belly” (excuse the loose term. I don’t want to reduce anyone with a Y chromosome to jelly). And I forgot to take a pic of the screen. Hello?
You wanna know what I took a pic of???
My husband’s Bread Talk hot chocolate
Quite pathetic, I know.
Boring life events aside, it was nice to be in Rockwell again after a long time. I used to spend every single waking moment of my life in Rockwell, working at Gymboree for 7 days a week for a few months (where I got the energy, I dunnow). I was surprised to see a “Gymbo is coming back” banner on the top floor of the mall. I didn’t take a pic of that either. (Boo to me)
We passed by this art exhibit at the North Wing:
On exhibit are:
1. 2. 3.
- 1: Buds Convocar – I found this painting different from other ones I’ve seen of his in other exhibits.
- 2: Buddy Ching – Different from the realism-slash-abstract stuff I saw at the GSIS competition and the Saturday Group exhibit at Art Center in Megamall. I quite like it.
- (Picture censored by Photobucket): Ojing Obemio – A refreshing break from his harvest series that he was doing for the longest time. The 2nd breakaway piece I’ve seen, the first being his GSIS entry.
- 3: Sunshine Plata – First time I’ve seen her work. Very whimsical with varied subjects, set apart with her choice of medium – Coffee on paper. Uh-huh. Coffee.
- 4: Nic Masangkay – Not really familiar with Nic’s work, but I recognize his name from all the art talk I’m inadvertently exposed to.
My favorite from the whole set is:
This is Ross Capili’s mixed-media piece. I find the mix of subjects interesting and was moved by the composition.
Sunshine Plata had a significant number of pieces in the exhibit. I wonder if she’s an in-house artist with Yellow Door Gallery.
Disclaimer: I am no art expert. I am a noob at this whole art scene thang. All opinions are my own, not influenced by my husband. My opinion is based on my own personal taste.
Whew. Not too bad. Maybe the groove will come back sooner than I expect.