I posted about the return of my inner beauty junkie, but it was a post all about makeup. Another part of my self-preservation quest is good skin. As someone who has lived with bad skin all her life (when I was younger, I was a pimple WITH A FACE), having good skin is super important to me. I may be a few pounds (ok a lot of pounds) overweight right now, but I will never let my skin go. I get a facial every two weeks, without fail.
I’m ruled by my hormones, and breakouts are my hormones’ homies. Even now at 37 years old, I still get a blemish here and there. My skin gets desensitized pretty quick, so I like having a roulette of skin care products. I change them around when I feel that my skin is getting bored.
One brand that I discovered a couple of years back is Celeteque. I was pretty impressed with it when it came out, and I was even more impressed when I found out that it was actually from Unilab. It was against the grain of what I was used to seeing in the lineup of locally-made products.
These are my favorites from their whole product line-up.
- Celeteque Hydrating Facial Wash – At first I had to get used to it being not-so-foamy (Oh, Philippines, land of the foam-lovers) but after I got past that, I quickly got addicted to this facial wash. I just love how supple it made my skin feel. They’re not messing around when they attached “hydrating” to the product name.
- Celeteque Makeup Removal Facial Wipes (no picture because I finished it all and haven’t bought them again) – I love this product. It makes taking out the day’s makeup gunk such a breeze.
- Celeteque Anti-Aging Cleansing Oil – After a makeup removal wipe, I like to run this on my face as well. It takes out all the residue, most especially around the eyes (oh me, the lover of liquid long-staying eyeliner) but also bathing your face in anti-wrinkle goodness.
I’ve also got the Celeteque Anti-Ageing Facial Moisturizer which is on the roulette of my day moisturizers, and the Celeteque Anti-Ageing Collagen Gel, which I like bringing when I travel. I like its light, greaseless consistency, perfect for hot and humid climates. I also use the Celeteque Advanced Anti-Aging Power Serum capsules (these feel like silk on your face!) and the Celeteque Gentle Exfoliating Facial Wash every other day.
The other brand from Unilab that I’ve been using is Asian Secrets. I’ve heard of this sorcery that is Indonesian lulur from my sister-in-law, and I got the chance to try it when Unilab sent me samples of their Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Scrub and Bengkoang Whitening Soap a while back. I have to say, the lulur resurrected my post-partum underarms (oh we mothers know how depressing that could be). I’m not much on whitening soaps, but I like the creaminess of the soap, so I use it too. It doesn’t have a strong scent, which I like a lot.
And here’s the awesome giveaway: Unilab is giving away three Asian Secret sets that will go to three lucky winners! Each winner will receive an Asian Secrets pack as pictured above: three variants of the Asian Secrets Lulur Scrub and two variants of the Asian Secrets Bengkoang Whitening Soap.
- Contest will run from today to midnight of December 11, 2012. Winners will be announced within the next 2 days.
- The contest is open to all Philippine residents.
- Enter using Rafflecopter below. (If the widget doesn’t appear, refresh your browser! Or you can click on the Rafflecopter link to take you to the contest page)