Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Tales of the Spa Fiend: Nuat Thai Libis

Hello, my name is Eliza and I am a spa addict.

I love spas. As much as I love home massage services for their convenience, there’s nothing like walking into a spa and getting lost in a world of relaxation and utter pampering.

So when Michelle of My Mom Friday invited a few mommy bloggers over to try out Nuat Thai Libis, I quickly confirmed and prepared myself mentally and emotionally for the 2-hour activity. Does that seem OA to you? Well, it just so happens this was also the first instance that I left Basti with my parents. It wasn’t for any justifiable reason: a meeting, an interview, an important errand – but an afternoon that was purely just for me and me alone. I admit I was a little guilty.

So I arrived and was welcomed warmly by Janine and Jay, the franchise owners of Nuat Thai Libis.

The other mommy bloggers were already there, but no time for chit-chat because we were quickly led by our therapists to get ready for our Nuat Thai experience.

They provided a pair of very clean flipflops and we were led to a footwash to freshen up and cool down our tired feet. (I myself get a little conscious when I come in for a foot massage from outside. Sorry Manang Therapist for my gross feet! So this was a huge plus for me) I give you Neva of Manila Mommy’s feet in this picture:

Here are a few more points about Nuat Thai:

• The foot massage was amaaaaa-zing. I dozed off into a limbo-esque nap – a sure sign that the right buttons were being pushed. It’s very dark, very quiet, and the therapist’s hands were magic. One of The Best foot massages I’ve ever had in my life. (And believe me I’ve had a lot).

Photo courtesy of My Mom Friday

• You are taken into your own cubicle for your massage, with crisp sheets, an abundance of towels and a proper place to hang your clothes and stow your bag. Very skilled therapists who ask about pressure levels and your choice of oils. I also noted that the therapist was very quick to sanitize her hands when she moved to different parts of your body (feet to back, back to head, head to face).

Photo courtesy of My Mom Friday

Photo courtesy of My Mom Friday

Photo courtesy of My Mom Friday

• They have valet parking! Don’t you just hate it when you are aching to de-stress and unwind and just before you do, there’s the added anxiety of trying to find parking? Ha! 10 points to this place for providing a parking service for their clients. Parking in front of the building is quite limited so this was an extra touch I truly appreciated.
  • Their pricing is SUPER. Just look at these price points:
    • Nuat Thai Foot Massage (1 hour) – PhP 250.00
    • Thai Body Massage (1 hour) – PhP 250.00; with oil – PhP300.00
    • Swedish Massage (1 hour) – PhP 350.00
    • Aromatherapy Massage with Herbal Balls (1 & 1/2 hours) – PhP550.00
    • Hot Oil Massage (1 & 1/2 hours) – PhP550.00
    • Thai Head, Back and Shoulder Massage (1 hour) – PhP250.00; with oil – PhP300.00
    • Express (30 mins of either Foot, Back or Head Massage) – PhP150.00
  • The place is very dimly lit and the staff don’t hesitate to remind clients who are just a tad too loud to keep it down. They play very relaxing music and the fountain in the background helps put you to ease.

We all emerged refreshed, rejuvenated and raring to go! They served us Serenitea (yum!) and Mom and Tina’s cupcakes (yum, yum, yum!) and we spent a bit of time chatting before we headed home.

Rone of Mothering Earthlings always makes me feel like a dog. So mamalicious!

And here is our group shot:

Martine of Dainty Mom, no-make-up-and-won’t-let-go-of-Serenitea-me, our host Michelle of My Mom Friday, Rone of Mothering Earthlings, Noemi of Touched By An Angel, Neva of Manila Mommy, Jane of The Yogini In Manila, and Tina of Our Phenomenal Life.

This was totally worth the guilt of leaving Basti for 4 hours. (Who didn’t even miss me or look for milk while I was away, hmph. Sniff.)

Thanks Nuat Thai Libis and thanks Michelle for making it happen! I’ll definitely be back with The Painter in tow. (Massage-addict too!)

Nuat Thai Libis

2/F #90 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave. QC (across Shopwise, above Allied and RCBC banks)

Tel # 477.5004

Open Daily from 12nn-2am

P.S. Next on Tales of the Spa Fiend: a Nail Spa mani/pedi adventure because I won (!!!!) Dainty Mom’s Nail Spa giveaway and a taste of Tian Di (Deal Grocer, you will be the death of me).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Jenny says:

looks fun eli!!! sadly no foot massages for this mama this time yet. ;)

2. Rone says:

You dog! Hahahaha. You know, I never leave home without concealer, eyeliner, blush and lipstick. But thank you. At my age I take complements when and where I get them.

3. Mom-Friday says:

I knew I asked the right gurlz to join this “spa junket” hahaha…
    So happy that you all enjoyed — well, who would say ‘no’ to a free massage right? :)
    I also was too lazy to primp and beautify, kasi nga may massage. Ayan ang napala ko at mukha akong zombie beside all of you! LOL!

• Eliza says:

Ako rin kaya! :D I tried to hide my face under my Serenitea! I was thinking “comfy massage experience” vs. “look good in pictures”. I hate getting a massage with makeup on, so comfort won! :D

4. sandra says:

Its nice to hear about this Nuat Thai in Libis. However, I would like to make a comment on the Nuat Thai in Makati Ave near Wendy’s.

My husband and I went there once and had our massages. It was very nice. The following week, I couldn’t go because of a fever and I told my husband to go ahead and have his pampering session. He came home irate, disappointed and disgusted because he told me that the same masseuse was with him and this person took advantage of him. It may sound funny…but, it was really irritating for me.

The therapist started to give him a hand job. It was very low of the person to do this. I already sent a complaint email to the place but I never got any response. I’m now looking for a place where I can file a complaint.

What a disappointment!

• Eliza says:

Ew!!!! I’m going to try to ask the owner of the Libis branch where to report this incident. She’s a franchise owner kasi eh.

• sandra says:

Ew talaga!!!!

I’d appreciate any form of help. I just talked to my hubby again and he said…’they’ touched me. It was really EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWYYY!!!!!

How low can some therapists go?!

I really want to complain about this…matter of fact, it would be good for the therapists to get some disciplinary action because…well…not all men who wants a massage will want a slutty kind of massage… :D

5. Chay says:

Can someone give me updates on this incident? My boyfriend and I just had a massage in that branch a week ago. We really enjoyed, but I don’t feel comfortable going back knowing that the said employee hasn’t been sanctioned yet. Thank you for this info!

• Eliza says:

Hi! I’m sorry I’m not connected with Nuat Thai and the Libis branch owners are franchise holders. I suggest you call the management of the branch itself where the incident happened. :)

6. crabbychef says:

I’m surprised to read these reviews. I’ve gone to Nuat Thai in Katipunan (second floor of the building which houses Mercury Drug and Figaro). The first time, I found the massage to be quite hard, in spite of my repeated reminders to the masseuse to take it easy on me.

The second time was more traumatic. The upper garment they gave me seemed to be freshly laundered, but had the stench of sweat around the underarm area. When I told the masseuse I needed a new one, she pulled it off me quickly, exposing my bare torso, and ran off with it to replace it.

She then proceeded to give me the same hard massage despite my repeated pleas to relax the pressure. To top it all off, she had body odor, which seemed to get stronger and stronger as the massage wore on. I guess the physical exertion made her perspire.

I also don’t like how the therapists linger around the exit, waiting to be handed their tips, despite their use of tip envelopes. I am a habitual and quite generous tipper, but I really have an issue with attendants being solicitous. I think it reveals a lot about management and how professional they want their employees to be.

I shared about my experience at work with my colleagues, and it appears two of them have tried Nuat Thai – different branches at that, and were similarly unhappy with their experience. Long story short, I don’t think I will ever go back there.

I think it’s great that you were happy with the service at Nuat Thai Libis, but I would like people to know that not all Nuat Thai branches are like that.

• Eliza says:

HI! That is why this review is very specific to Nuat Thai Libis. I don’t go to any other Nuat Thai. :) I think each branch is a franchise, and managed by different people. I’ve heard some horror stories of other branches as well.

7. iankriz says:

i’ve read all these comments, well coz im curious about this massage thing.
    actually, it will be my first time. so, wat do i need to know before having a massage at Nuat Thai?
    im 18 yo, pwede na yan dba?

8. iankriz says:

been there lately, hehehe. it was GOOD.
    love it. i had a crush on the therapist. she’s so familiar, until now, she’s on my mind.
    hehe. babalik ako ulit sa saturday :D

9. Aya says:

Kaya siguro they got good service kasi mommy bloggers sila. I mean, para sa good image na isusulat sa blogs. My friend is a beauty blogger and she can get perks like this. I wonder kung regular customer papainumin din nila ng Serenitea or papakainin ng yummy cupcakes as mentioned above.