I’ve seen this product around bazaars and Multiply sites, but it was never on my priority list of things to buy for Basti.
It turns out that two of my dearest friends, Jowell and Ginger, are great fans of the helmet and even went ahead and became the distributors of Thudguard in the Philippines and China. They sent one for Basti to try.
The reason why I never really considered buying one for my baby boy is that a hat on him never lasts long. I thought he would take it off the moment I put it on. I was wrong.
The helmet is surprisingly lightweight. I thought it would be SO HOT for our weather but the ventilation holes all over the helmet helps keep air circulation going and also makes the helmet light enough for an infant to wear. Even though, I found that wearing it for more than 15 mins is too much and Basti’s head is a sweaty mess after it.
But I must admit – Thudguard really helped my nerves a bit. Basti has a nasty habit of flopping down on his back while he’s playing. I’m so scared he will suffer a nasty bump on the back of his head. He’s fast and I constantly have to watch that he doesn’t accidentally knock his head on a corner or something. Now, he doesn’t crawl yet, but I think Thudguard would be really useful when he starts to crawl and walk, and good to wear when we’re playing in Gymboree. Here’s Jowell and Ginger’s adorable Alexa wearing Thudguard in her Gymboree classes:
If you’re interested in purchasing Thudguard, my friends are offering a special treat just for the readers of The Painter’s Wife. Use the code “thepainterswife” when making your purchase and you get a safety gadget for FREE!
Here’s more information on Thudguard:
“Learning to walk in a world of hard surfaces just got safer! This ultra lightweight and adorably cute safety hat protects your baby’s little head while your precious one is crawling and learning to walk. Ideal protection from bumps & falls against furniture and hard surfaces. Thudguard is the only baby helmet that is certified impact-tested and endorsed by safety experts worldwide. Made from safe non-toxic materials. Available in lovely lilac and baby blue . Award-winning stretchy design fits infants 6 months to 2+years.”
To order, visit:
http://thudguardasia.multiply.com OR http://www.thudguard-asia.com
They accept Paypal, credit cards, bank deposits and GCASH ( in Multiply only)
Tips on how to use Thudguard:
- Put it on while baby is distracted and holding on to a toy or the table. This way his hands will be busy and your baby is less likely to take it off. For some, the first few times you put it on, the baby might take the hat off. But after a while, they get used to it and don’t notice it’s even there .
- When your baby is wearing the Thudguard , reward by praising and giving him freedom to move.
- Make sure baby’s eyes are not covered
- Very Impt. –> When the weather is hot. So I take it off every 15 to 20 mins. Never also use the hat when baby has fever.
- For more details and answers to FAQs, please visit http://www.thudguard-asia.com